Engineer 2, Test Automation - Vehicle Management
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on routine to moderately complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications.
As an Engineer 2, Test Automation, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Vehicle Management QA and Development team(s). You will be responsible for creating and maintaining automated test scripts and data; executing automated tests suites; and assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope to be covered by the automated testing suite.
Additionally, you will be responsible for designing, producing, executing, and maintaining automated test plans and test cases. You will also participate in code reviews of automated test code, debug automated test code, provide estimates for assignments and assist with sprint planning activities. You will normally receive general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. You will also assist in the design of new solutions as well as provide guidance to Vehicle Management team members on the usage of the automation tools.
- Focus on defined operational and tactical activities as needed
- Participates on project teams
- Develops strategies and work plans for own tasks
- Works on routine to moderately complex assignments
- Prepares and delivers informal presentations to own team
- May assist with the development of standards, processes and procedures for the team
- Establishes and fosters one-on-one relationships within the department
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must be able to work at our campus in Weldon Spring, MO
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Experience building and executing automated tests suites
- Experience with client server/web application/web services test automation tools
- Programming experience using Java
- Experience creating and implementing SQL
- Experience designing, producing, executing, and maintaining detailed automated test plans and test cases based on requirements and specifications
- Experience using a source code management tool such as Git or BitBucket
- Experience in automation tools such as Selenium and BDD (behavior driven development) frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope of functionality to be covered by the automated testing suite
- Experience maintaining documentation on automation modifications and updates
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Proven ability to identify where task automation and process improvements can add value
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership for all testing efforts supported
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with the Atlassian suite to include: Jira, Zephyr, HipChat, and Confluence
- Experience automating mobile web apps