Engineer - 3, Database Administration
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
The EHI Database Platform team is responsible for providing database platform services in support of EHI business areas. This team is responsible for ensuring database technologies and services are deployed, managed and maintained in a manner that creates the highest value for our customers and adheres to best practices as well as compliance requirements. Along with driving consistency and supportability in the environment, our team continually identifies and plans for enhancement and design opportunities that will allow our solutions to meet the needs of our fast paced, growing business. We are committed to providing a secure, scalable and reliable database environment that will meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
As an Engineer 3, DBA on the EHI Database Platform team, you will design, develop and modify many different elements of the technology. You will be required to understand advanced capabilities and research new capabilities to establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading analyses and providing viable recommendations for EHI solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members; ensuring deadlines are met. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
You will also be responsible for seeking out opportunities for process improvements, standardization, architectural improvements to existing platforms, and then proposing recommendations to developers and architects while partnering with team members on implementation.
If you have a passion for engineering, technical analysis and problem solving to empower smart business decisions, this is the role for you. Apply today!
- Act as a SME lead providing direction and vision for the Oracle platforMAssume ownership for the Oracle database environment leading initiatives focused on innovation and continuous improvement
- Provide database platform support for ORACLE versions 12c and newer to application teams.
- Implement, lead, and support tasks such as upgrades, patching coordination, backup and recovery procedures, and database utilities for both PROD and NON-PROD environments
- Create and maintain UNIX and SQL scripts to automate tasks such as monitoring, patching, and upgrading
- Protecting our customers and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions
- Work with application owners and DBAs to ensure database compliance standards are maintained
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5 years of related DBA Oracle experience
- 2 years’ experience with scripting languages
- Proficient Oracle DBA knowledge including upgrades, patching, RMAN backup/recovery
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) version 10g or higher
- Experience with multiple facets of Data Guard including physical and Active DG is preferred
- Must have ability to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, project leadership, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Service Management best practices (Incident, Problem, and Change Management)
- Experience protecting Confidential and Highly-Confidential database content
- Must be willing to work on an on-call rotation
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Must have experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field preferred
- 2+ years of combined experience working with multiple RDBMS platforms (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading innovative or large initiatives
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with Unix, Linux, PL/SQL and Excel
- Knowledge of database encryption is preferred
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, Bsh shell, KSH and Java Script is preferred
- Familiarity with cloud solutions like Amazon and Azure is preferred
- Project management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of PCI or other IT Security compliance standard is preferred
- Knowledge of Data Governance best practices is preferred