Engineer 3, Software (Dev/Ops)Job ID 230831
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As a Software Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
As a Software Engineer 3 on the Decision Support Innovation Team, you will be responsible for helping to establish and develop a modern BI, lambda based solution in the Azure cloud. You will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build, automate, and maintain our virtual environments, which support data scientist, analytical data to business analyst, operational KPI’s to our operational teams, data services for our rental systems, and predictive services. This role will automate configurations and templates for various Linux, Windows, and PAAS services, measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring, and interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support. You will be responsible for modifying medium to complex code/scripts, and developing complex application code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology. You will be responsible for developing, being a primary contributor in code reviews, and planning and coordinating of implementation activities. You will work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues.
This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that strives to build and foster a culture of Infrastructure as a code and implement latest standards of DevOps automation.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of combined software and infrastructure engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Azure or AWS solutions
- Experience designing and building web application cloud environments
- Experience with Linux or Unix
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python, and PowerShell
- Experiences with software design methodologies, information systems architecture, object oriented design, and software design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Knowledge of emerging application and infrastructure trends and technologies
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including presentation and coordination skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience establishing and managing open source databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience with configuration management tools such tools as Puppet, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Experience with a variety of cloud providers is preferred (Google Cloud, Azure, VmWare, etc)
- Experience in Linux packaging (rpm, yum, dpkg, etc)
- Experience with Hadoop technologies, specifically HortonWorks Data Platform
- Experience with any of the Apache Projects for Big Data solutions, specifically Spark, Kafka, Zepplen, Zookeeper, Avro, Cassandra
- Experience with Git, Atlassian Suite and Jenkins is preferred
- Systems performance tuning and load testing is a plus