Engineer 3, Software (Java)Job ID 204333
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Rental Billing department is responsible for the maintenance and management of the billing and invoicing software that impacts customers who rent cars or trucks globally from Enterprise Holdings. This includes maintaining and managing interfaces with internal applications and delivering electronic data to external organizations and customers. This is an exciting time to be part of the Rental Billing team as we are continuing to globally expand!
As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
As an Engineer 3 on the Rental Billing Application Ownership team, you will be responsible for modifying/developing medium to highly complex code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology. You will be responsible for testing and fixing defects, developing unit tests and test scripts, performing local development builds, application integration builds and code merges, being a primary contributor/lead in code reviews, performing unit and integration testing, and planning and coordinating implementation activities. You will also lead the analysis and review of software requirements and attend design presentations and/or design sessions. In addition, you will implement complex modules, enhancements, and change requests based on a provided design and migrate applications to the quality assurance and/or production environment. You will informally and formally coach and mentor less senior team members on new tasks and assignments and ensure deadlines are met.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with J2EE development
- Must have proficient knowledge of the following operating systems – Windows, UNIX/Linux
- Must have experience with sql, pl/sql programming and Oracle database
- Must have experience with open source tools such as Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Log4j, Jenkins, git, Bitbucket and maven
- Must have proficient knowledge of middleware technologies like Weblogic or Tomcat
- Proficient knowledge of the Agile methodology and tools like Jira and Confluence
- Must have ability to use system logs and debugging tools for problem resolution and system tuning
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while driving toward solutions
- Must be able to provide technical leadership; assume ownership in driving towards resolutions, and have the ability to hold teammates accountable for their deliverables
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience of DB2, or SQL Server database is preferred