Engineer 3, Software (.Net)Job ID 231647
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
Department Class Risk Management, a division of Enterprise Holdings Inc., is responsible for development and support of agile based, quick solutions, to meet immediate business needs. Flexible work arrangements are available, along with the opportunity to work on various business applications. As an Engineer 3, you will be part of a project team responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle including the following:
- Lead project teams in design and implementation
- Use broad expertise and skills to resolve a wide range of complex issues
- Contribute to development of company objectives and principles to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Assist in the development of strategic planning for department
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to less experienced software engineers
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements to develop and/or modify custom applications
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in software programming and development
- Expert knowledge in ASP.NET MVC, Azure PaaS, ASP.NET Web API, SQL Server, Entity Framework
- Proficient knowledge of object-oriented application development principles, concepts, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Proficient in source control and work tracking, such as Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with SSIS and SQL Server Scheduling Agent
- Experience with Open Source software and GIT
- Experience with IIS web server
- Experience with Azure and PaaS offerings.
- Experience with .Net Core and Angular 4 a plus.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Knowledge of Agile methodology