Engineering 1, Software (Data Engineering)Job ID 249187
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As a Software Engineer 1 on the Decision Support Innovation Team, you will be responsible for developing applications to support modern BI applications, utilizing a lambda based architecture in the Azure cloud. You will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build data driven, streaming applications which support operational KPI’s for our operational teams, data services and predictive services for our rental systems, analytical processing for our Analysts and Data Scientists and more. You will be responsible for writing and maintaining simple to moderately complex code, developing unit tests and fixing defects, understanding and mining requirements, collaborating with the team and participating in support activities. You should be able to work in a fast-paced production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards. This is an exciting role in a fast-paced, collaborative team that strives to build solutions that will continue to keep EHI on the cutting edge of data analytics.
As an Engineer 1 you will be responsible for developing, modifying and implementing elements of technology to meet business requirements. You will have the opportunity to assist in the design, and will work with the team to test, research, and investigate technology options and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. You will be responsible for modifying code/scripts, and developing application code independently using applicable technology. This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that consistently works on high-priority efforts to meet the organizational needs. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet business expectations and quality standards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 1+ years application development experience in language such as Scala, Java
- 1+ years of experience of combined experience working with Relational and NoSQL databases?
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Strong oral and written communication
- Required to be on rotation for support and perform on-call duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
- Desire to develop data analytics experience
- Experience with functional programming and functional programming design patterns
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python, PowerShell
- Experience with any of the Apache Projects for Big Data solutions, specifically Spark, Kafka, Zepplen, Zookeeper, Avro, Cassandra
- Experience with Git/BitBucket, Atlassian Suite, Jenkins is preferred
- Experience developing solutions for the cloud (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging application and infrastructure trends and technologies