About the Role
The Customer Experience Team is growing as the demand to create unmatched customer experiences for the organization increases. We partner with Product, IT, Marketing, and Operations and use outside-in customer and employee feedback, competitive intelligence, and design thinking methodologies to create, measure, and validate solutions that exceed expectations and deliver tangible business value.
The Experience Designer brings new ideas to life through the creation of concepts, rapid prototyping, service blueprints, and other visual artifacts leveraging human-centered design practices and principles. You’ll help to craft innovative experiences across the EHI product ecosystem utilizing and contributing to design systems. You’ll also synthesize and apply actionable research insights in partnership with our Customer Understanding team to co-create solutions with customers and employees that deliver measurable value in addressing friction across the customer journey.
This is an integral role, reporting to our Experience Design Director. This position reports to our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO, but is available for remote work anywhere in the United States.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Define and refine user goals and friction points to overcome within current user journeys by participating in user interviews, focus groups, job shadowing, and observation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, IT, Marketing and Operations to understand all design options and viewpoints, incorporate ideas and feedback into cohesive design ideas
- Execute designs with the development teams to achieve the best user experience possible and adapt to technological opportunities and limitations
- Envision and communicate service concepts and ideas through experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints, diagrams, etc.
- Build clickable prototypes from wireframes or visual comps in programs such as Figma, Adobe XD or Axure for in-field testing with customers and employees.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the customer experience department - customer understanding and strategy and planning – to plan, conduct, and synthesize design validation studies during the design process.
- Support the brand and design system by advocating for best practices and standards based on usability, accessibility, and design principles
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree required (New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, UX, Service Design or related field preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have 2+ years of experience in the following
- Applying HCI methods to digital products and services for consumer and business applications and solid understanding of web and mobile related technologies and design patterns.
- Participating in user research and leveraging usability test findings to refine designs.
- Physical prototyping or service design experience.
- Utilizing graphic and digital design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, HTML/CSS or similar.
2 or more years of experience developing low and high-fidelity prototypes for user testing preferred
Must be able to provide a portfolio of user experience and research examples; - personas, journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups. Additionally - be able to explain your discovery and design process.
- Working With a Team
- Problem Solving