External Reporting Accountant
The Corporate Accounting department for Enterprise Holdings has an opening for an External Reporting Accountant. This position presents a unique opportunity to be involved in all facets of the Company’s external financial reporting process and develop financial reporting skills. This position is primarily responsible for the preparation of quarterly external financial statements and related deliverables along with assistance on various special projects. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and commitment to team objectives.
The Corporate Payroll Team is a part of our Enterprise Corporate Headquarters. Currently all of our positions will start remotely, and although there will be flexibility for on-going remote work, this position resides at the Corporate campus in Clayton, MO. Time at this campus will be needed after our facilities are reopened.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
- Participate in the quarterly consolidation process by posting adjusting journal entries and elimination entries, reconciling accounts to the general ledger and gathering related reporting information
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for inclusion in the internal financial reporting package
- Prepare fluctuation reports and presentations for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting
- Prepare annual financial statements and other reports necessary for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and debt covenant requirements
- Participate in the preparation of footnotes for management discussion and analysis; review and analyze statement variances
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements for international subsidiaries
- Prepare benefit plan financial statements
- Work on special projects as needed
- Communicate financial data to department managers, upper management, and employees from other departments
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
- Business with concentration in Accounting
- Finance or Business with some accounting experience
- Masters Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- One (1) year of public accounting experience and/or financial reporting experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and policies
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Working With a Team
- Customer Service