External Reporting Accountant
The Corporate Accounting department for Enterprise Holdings has an opening for an External Reporting Accountant.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position presents a unique opportunity to be involved in all facets of the Company’s external financial reporting process and develop financial reporting skills. This position is primarily responsible for the preparation of quarterly external financial statements and related deliverables along with assistance on various special projects. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and commitment to team objectives.
We are looking for an individual with public accounting experience, specifically in audit and/or assurance. Experience of balancing responsibilities during the busy season of statement close, or end of FY responsibilities is a must. Take this opportunity to parlay your public accounting experience into a vital role with a worldwide transportation leader!
The Corporate Accounting Team is a part of our Enterprise Corporate Headquarters. Currently all of our positions will start remotely, and although there will be flexibility for on-going remote work, this position resides at the Corporate campus in Clayton, MO. Time at this campus will be needed after our facilities are reopened.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Participate in the quarterly consolidation process by posting adjusting journal entries and elimination entries, reconciling accounts to the general ledger and gathering related reporting information
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for inclusion in the internal financial reporting package
- Prepare fluctuation reports and presentations for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting
- Prepare annual financial statements and other reports necessary for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and debt covenant requirements
- Participate in the preparation of footnotes for management discussion and analysis; review and analyze statement variances
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements for international subsidiaries
- Prepare benefit plan financial statements
- Work on special projects as needed
- Communicate financial data to department managers, upper management, and employees from other departments
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
- Business with concentration in Accounting
- Finance or Business with some accounting experience
- Masters Degree in Accounting
- Must have 6+ months of high volume accounting and/or financial reporting experience (statement close, year-end audit, etc.)
- Public Accounting experience (audit or assurance) required
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and policies
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Working With a Team
- Customer Service