External Reporting Accountant
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opening for an External Reporting Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Department. This position presents a unique opportunity to be involved in all facets of the Company’s external financial reporting process and develop financial reporting skills. This position is primarily responsible for the preparation of quarterly external financial statements and related deliverables along with assistance on various special projects. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and commitment to team objectives.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Participate in the quarterly consolidation process by posting adjusting journal entries and elimination entries, reconciling accounts to the general ledger and gathering related reporting information- 15%
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for inclusion in the internal financial reporting package- 10%
- Prepare fluctuation reports and presentations for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting- 5%
- Prepare annual financial statements and other reports necessary for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and debt covenant requirements- 10%
- Participate in the preparation of footnotes for management discussion and analysis; review and analyze statement variances- 15%
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements for international subsidiaries- 15%
- Prepare benefit plan financial statements- 10%
- Work on special projects as needed- 15%
- Communicate financial data to department managers, upper management, and employees from other departments- 5%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a Concentration in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus
- One (1) year of public accounting experience OR
- One (1) year of financial reporting experience
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and policies
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Effective communications both verbal and written
- Comfortable working independently or in a team