External Reporting Manager
The External Reporting Manager will oversee a team of accounting personnel or a functional area responsible for the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) financial reporting needs of the company. This includes the preparation and review of the external financial statements, preparation and review of presentations and reports for the Board of Directors and senior management. This position is also responsible for the application of accounting principles to transactions the Company is a party to, assessing and implementing changes resulting from accounting standards and special projects and analysis related to external reporting and Company needs.
This role is located at the Enterprise Holdings Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO and offers a hybrid schedule.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Compensation decisions will be made based on factors that include but are not limited to experience, education, location and skill level
Enterprise Holdings Inc. is a leading provider of mobility solutions, owning and operating the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries. Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates offer extensive car rental, carsharing, truck rental, fleet management, retail car sales, as well as travel management and other transportation services, to make travel easier and more convenient for customers.
Privately held by the Taylor family of St. Louis, Enterprise Holdings together with its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management manages a diverse fleet of 2.1 million vehicles and accounted for nearly $30 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2022 through a network of more than 10,000 fully-staffed neighborhood and airport rental locations in more than 90 countries and territories.
- Manage the quarterly consolidation closing and review financial reports required for inclusion in the internal financial reporting package
- Ensure that the consolidations system and procedures surrounding month-end/quarter-end close are in compliance with company policies and generally accepted accounting practices
- Ensure the completion of the company’s annual report and quarterly financial statements, including identifying and resolving accounting and reporting issues and preparation of financial statements, management discussion and analysis and footnotes
- Prepare/review presentations and reports for Board of Directors and other meetings
- Provide management support for the Treasury Department during debt offerings
- Research, document and apply accounting literature impacting the company
- Manage special projects and analysis related to external reporting and Company needs
- Review the performance of and develop department employees to ensure competent staffing and provide succession planning candidates
- Safeguard the release of confidential financial information to both internal and external parties
- Provide oversight of the maintenance and application of internal controls
- Oversee and maintain the departments PeopleSoft ledger/reporting tree
- Manage the annual audits performed by the company’s independent auditors
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have CPA
- Must be a Supervisor or Manager currently
- Must have 5 or more years of accounting and/or external reporting experience
- Must have Public Accounting and Big 4 experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Managing and Developing People
- Working With a Team