Facilities Construction Specialist - Design Plan Construction
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
The Facilities Construction Specialist provides project management support for the Facilities and Construction Department. The department manages facility capital improvement projects (renovations, new-build, relocations, etc.) as an extension of all Groups throughout the company. The individual in this position may manage projects directly, while also supporting the Construction Managers and Directors, as needed, and leads interactions with capital equipment vendors to ensure quality control in pricing, service and equipment.
- Direct the design, create the budget, and manage the construction for small to mid-level projects. These projects are generally alterations to existing facilities, which can take up to 2 years with a potential budget of $1 million or more.
- Conduct facility programming, space usage, and traffic flow analyses to determine and recommend the best facility size and layout.
- Manage and maintain relationships with capital equipment vendors to ensure quality control in pricing, service, and equipment design.
- Provide technical expertise on the maintenance and operation of fuel systems, automated car washes, security equipment, vacuum units, and various other specialty equipment items and recommend appropriate systems to purchase.
- Assist with proposal review and procurement of capital equipment items to ensure proper items are ordered, pricing is accurate.
- Produce cost/benefit and risk analyses (ProForma) for capital equipment and facility design options.
- Provide project support for Construction Managers for larger projects. These projects are generally large, complicated, multi-million dollar projects requiring significant coordination and/or planning with airport and governmental authorities and can last several years.
- Interact with airport authorities and municipalities, as needed, to coordinate the permitting and completion of projects.
- Assist Groups and Facilities Department personnel with any/all maintenance, repair, and/or equipment concerns.
- Manage roll-out and custom project initiatives as the primary contact
- Research and identify environmental compliance concerns and adjust projects accordingly.
- Help to update and maintain Construction Specification documents for all brands.
- Maintain general suggested preventative maintenance plans and equipment cut sheets.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Construction Management required
- Five years of construction project management experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Leading and Inspiring People
- Managing and Developing People
- Building Relationships
- Working With a Team
- Customer Service
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Persuading and Influencing