Enterprise Holdings, Inc. has a storied history as a mobility provider with a blend of deep-rooted entrepreneurial drive and a steadfast commitment to investing in local communities and initiatives with purpose.
Along with the business, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., the Enterprise Holdings Foundation seeks to support causes important to company employees and partners as well as projects of significance including racial equity, food insecurity, water conservation, forest restoration, and disaster relief.
This role is suited for someone with a multi-disciplinary skillset, including strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and an effective communicator. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. A tech-savvy individual who proactively identifies, implements, and leverages software to improve efficiency and ensure consistency, accuracy, and best practices for the grant administration process. This position oversees all aspects of grant management beginning with specific Regional Division Operating Groups and the development of philanthropic work plans, executes grant functions from proposal to close including implementation of administration policies, record-keeping and documentation, compliance, reporting, and grant payments. The Grants Specialist will work with SVP Division Teams, General Managers, Corporate Human Resources Managers (CHRMs), and Regional Subsidiary contacts ensuring the project deliverables, allocation budgets, and expectations. A confidentiality agreement is required.
This role is located at the Enterprise Holdings Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO. This position is currently working on a hybrid work schedule of 3 days work in office, and 2 days work from home.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $23.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 1.85 million vehicles in fiscal year 2021.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at nearly 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in more than 90 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all philanthropy efforts for the operating groups as well as cross-departmental teams
- Research pertinent grant due diligence, including but not limited to: private/public foundation; 509(a)(3) non-functionality integrated supporting organizations; tax-exempt status compliance for Publication 78; expenditure responsibility; alignment of proposal with foundation’s mission, guidelines, and strategy; grant intent/purpose/history; propaganda/ influence/ legislation/ terrorism/ electioneering or other not incompliance with requirements of IRC Section 4945(d)(3) or (4), fiscal sponsor or fiscal agent; etc.). Provide recommendation for improvements and areas of risk as needed
- Ensure non-US grants include the relevant tax documents as required by the country revenue taxing entity, as well as a process to ensure the collection and audit of the taxes is completed
- Manage grant documentation, including grant contract agreements and donation letters for all grants and donations. Ensure grant records meet legal and governmental requirements
- Analyze grant activity data; create and distribute monthly, quarterly, biannual, annual, and ad-hoc internal reports
- Interfaces directly with prospective/grantees in a consistently professional demeanor
- Work as a liaison with internal stakeholders including Employee Communications, Marketing and Community Relations regarding philanthropic investments
- Serve as one of the Cybergrants grant database administrators
- Maintain data integrity of grants system
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and recommend improvements to processes and practices
- Manage payment approvals, and work with the Corporate Accounting team to process, tracks and reconciles grants, donations, and other payments and executes grant payments
- Introduce the Foundation and conduct onboarding Foundation training to new General Managers and Group designee contacts
- Provide support as needed to General Counsel and external Legal Counsel with filing, consents, resolutions, board minutes, annual meeting minutes, bylaws, and other corporate and foundation documentation
- Prepare reports and other materials for advance distribution before Foundation board meetings and post-meeting action items
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or other applicable field
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in Community Relations or non-profit
- Must be willing to work a full-time position requiring 40-50 hours most weeks but more during peak periods 2-3 times per year
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Building Relationships
- Planning & Organization
- Problem Solving