Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
The Innovation Manager will partner with the AVP of Innovation to map, define and maintain a clear picture of the evolving mobility global innovation landscape. This role will play a key role in gathering and analyzing information regarding players in the changing mobility landscape including new mobility entrants and influencers. The Manager will help the team apply this knowledge to identify emerging trends and potential disruptors to our business, as well as pursue future opportunities to innovate.
In the near term, the Innovation team will be focused primarily on the themes of electrification (the growing prevalence of electric vehicles) and smart cities, with the goals to:
- Grow the level of knowledge around these themes
- Build relationships in the electrification, shared mobility, and smart cities ecosystems
- Understand the impacts of electrification on our business
- Develop a strategy to position EHI for long term success
The Manager will report to the AVP of Innovation, and will provide critical support to advance the above goals. Together with the AVP, the Manager will engage with third parties and conduct market research to develop an advanced understanding of key market trends related to electrification, smart cities and shared mobility. The Manager will need to use strong business judgment and strategic thinking to sort through the many opinions and perspectives in the market and partner with the AVP to provide fact-based information around these themes to the EHI Leadership Team.
While the short- to medium-term needs for the Innovation team relate specifically to electrification and smart cities, the Enterprise Innovation practice will expand well beyond those areas. The Manager will benchmark innovation management strategies and approaches in order to establish a structure, strategy, and goals for a successful Innovation practice at EHI. The Manager will be a critical part of progressing the innovation process: from ideation to research to strategy and execution. The Manager will also work closely with Senior Management to provide clear insight into the evolving innovation landscape and the team's activities, pilots and results.
- Research and identify data and mobility trends, identifying actionable initiatives and partnerships from within the research
- Support the team in building quality relationships while working with internal departments to manage the process of matching external solutions with internal areas of opportunity.
- Conduct ongoing research externally, including extensive collaboration with the internal team to become an expert in the evolving Innovation Landscape
- Understand the teams portfolio contacts and partners to create a Portfolio of Partners to help identify and create potential connections and future solutions.
- Partner with multiple teams including but not limited to Customer Experience, Customer Excellence, Product, IT Research and Development to ensure synergistic activities enhance to productivity of internal initiatives.
- Leverage knowledge from research to help identify partners and solutions to assist in the creation, testing and evaluation of innovation pilots and tests.
- Create materials to accelerate internal and external learnings and understandings of our initiatives. This role will rely heavily upon knowledge and research to partner with the CVP to help tell the story of our innovation initiatives internally and externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA is preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Five years business support experience – history of identifying business needs and working with internal/external resources to identify solutions
- Previous experience conducting strategic meetings and presentations with Senior Management
- Considerable analytical knowledge required to compile data and identify/analyze trends
- Experience partnering with external contacts to create functional solutions for internal departments
- Advanced to expert level proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- History designing and creating materials for C Suite level audiences (internal and external) Preferred
- Approaches situations from a big-picture perspective
- Determines strategies by considering long-term company-wide or group-wide goals and objectives
- Identifies new areas of opportunity for the company, group, or department
- Building Relationships
- Builds strong long-term relationships with people at all levels
- Networks effectively both internally (within Enterprise Holdings) and externally (outside of Enterprise Holdings)
- Demonstrates empathy for others’ needs and feelings
- Planning and Organizing
- Schedules and plans for short-term and long-term tasks and goals
- Prioritizes activities and responsibilities to achieve goals and meet deadlines