job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
IT Senior Manager - Dev Tools
The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the US and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates over 500,000 cars and trucks.
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are leasing, financial and employee needs related. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, AWS, Microsoft SQL Server/.NET, PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle BI and Salesforce. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because of enhancements needed to many of our applications to support our business expansion efforts.
EFM IT has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to build a new team in IT that will focus on the management and utilization of developer productivity tools used to deliver our custom-built business applications. Tools such as Dynatrace, SonarQube, Artifactory, CI/CD pipeline tools and the Atlassian Suite of applications are just a few examples of the tools this area will own and manage. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Dev Tools role and be an integrator of people, processes and technology, a problem solver, and an effective leader with a clear vision for establishing the charter for this new team and staffing it with the appropriate resources to ensure success.
resources to enable and develop our more than 225 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths.
- Create, socialize, and execute the vision to build, maintain and continuously improve our development tools strategies and processes
- Provide direction to the growing development tools team which will be responsible for all aspects of application performance, monitoring and reporting on adherence to established processes and standards.
- Lead resource identification and planning to support business objectives
- Define forecast and expenses for area of responsibility
- Create a collaborative team that supports a diverse environment
- Understand and communicate business goals and modelcompany culture
- Collaborate with management and other teams to craft and manage standards and processes in the development tools space
- Manage relevant vendor teams and relationships
- Maintain ongoing relationships with IT and business leaders and serve as an escalation point for issues
- Recommend strategic solutions and processes that enhance adoption of existing development tools and technology in the environment
- Leadership responsibilities include career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- Able to serve as part of an on-call rotation to provide after-hours support as required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully managing people including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- Proven experience driving strategy and providing thought leadership in CI/CD pipelines and/or developer tools such as Dynatrace, SonarQube, Artifactory, Atlassian and maintaining the lifecycle of such tools.
- Proven experience in building effective and diverse teams to accomplish objectives.
- Experience working with and managing tools and individuals involved in the Development Tools space
- Must be committed to relationship building and influencing to successfully establish this function within IT
- Strong experience developing documentation, processes, and training around performance and monitoring tools in an enterprise setting
- Experience managing technical projects, tasks, and schedules
- Strong engineering level experience with the previously mentioned tools
- Holds self-accountable for rules and responsibilities; ensures own projects are completed in a timely manner and to acceptable standards.
- Building Effective Teams
- Creates strong morale and spirit in teams through open dialogue and action. Blends people into teams as needed to capitalize on collective group knowledge and experience to achieve organizational results. Quickly and effectively manages conflict through open, authentic and timely dialogue to get the best from people.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, and group identity; fosters team commitment and seeks input from team members to achieve goals; works effectively with co-workers. Manages and resolves conflicts, grievances, confrontations, or disagreements in a constructive and timely manner to minimize negative impact.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences by expressing facts, ideas, and directions in an accurate, clear, and organized manner. Effectively prepares and presents information to individuals or groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Uses imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to problems; uses technical and professional expertise to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable.
- Critical/Conceptual Thinking
- Makes sound and well-informed decisions by considering a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives. Finds effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Customer Focused
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
- Developing Others
- Delegates responsibility, works with others, and coaches them to develop their capabilities.
- Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; handles setbacks while maintaining focus and effectiveness.
- Functional Expertise
- Possesses necessary knowledge and skill in role area.
- Gains others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions. Serves as a positive agent for changes in the organization's structural alignment, climate, and operational processes.
- Problem Solving
- Finds effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective. Uses technical and professional expertise to recognize and define problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to solve problems; approaches problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach.
- Project Management
- Effectively manages projects through planning, scheduling, budgeting, estimating, work structuring, cost accumulation, performance measurability, and reporting.
- Relationship Management
- Relationship Management: Establishes, builds, and maintains healthy working relationships including peers, management, customers, and vendors.
- Results Oriented
- Demonstrates a willingness to seek out work; exhibits drive or passion for proactively dealing with issues and taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required. Uses technical and professional expertise to complete thorough and accurate work; conscientious about attending to detail; produces an acceptable amount of work while effectively managing time.
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.