Lead ArchitectJob ID 196265
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 8,300 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO
The IT Risk Management Team, part of ARMS Business Solutions, is responsible for providing solutions to help the various offices that make up our corporate Risk Management Business. This includes solutions directed for our US business as well as our international offices in Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain.
Our vision is to bring additional value to our business partners through technology, high quality data and innovative solutions that positively affect or solve current or emerging issues in the claims handling and vehicle repair segment. These solutions will be focused on enhancing the customer’s experience, creating efficiencies, improving claims outcomes and reducing loss adjustment expense.
As the Lead Architect, you will own the data, strategy and governance for the IT Risk Management platform. You will contribute to the development of strategic planning for the department and communicate a clear, concise strategic vision. In this role you will collaborate with other architects and leaders to bring business requirements into a technology solution and represent the architectural design and implementation as it relates to business needs. You will be responsible for the definition of a global systems and data architecture, as well as security considerations while collaborating with engineers on direction for solutions development, database design, data interfacing and operations. Also, you will be responsible for maintaining effective relationships with all levels of management and internal and external customers to promote understanding and produce results for all parties.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and results oriented technology leader to join our team. Major responsibilities of this role include:
- Contributing to building a global architecture strategy by fully understanding the current and future data needs and information flows for our business
- Applying advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Providing guidance and oversight across multiple solutions to ensure security, interoperability and alignment with overall technology vision
- Setting and/or influencing the overall security strategy for the department, ensuring data protection and information security compliances are met through building effective working relationships with key departments across the company to appropriately balance the risks
- Analyzing technology/industry trends and the company’s current technology deployments, and recommending solutions to address complex and unique business requirements
- Protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; following security policies and procedures; continuously identifying and recommending opportunities for improving security
- Establishing a principled style of leadership consistent with the values of the company; creating and leading an environment that promotes ethics, integrity, and operational excellence
In this role, you may also perform and/or oversee risk analysis; application-level vulnerability testing, security code reviews, penetration testing, and on-site partner assessments.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field required
- 8+ years of experience working with one or more relational database technologies
- 8+ years of experience in solution architecture, design, development and deployment of large-scale business solutions
- 5+ years of experience with data integration and interfacing toolsets such as Informatica, SAS and/or Golden Gate
- Must possess excellent logical and physical data modelling skills
- Must have proven experience in developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Must exhibit a leadership style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Must demonstrate superb relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change with the ability to create a non-adversarial atmosphere and be viewed as a partner
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; convey complex information regarding risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must possess a high degree of impact and influence via the ability to influence business decisions and constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Subject matter expert in multiple technology disciplines including infrastructure and web/mobile application development (experience with Java, PostGreSQL , Linux, AIX, Oracle a plus)
- Previous success in having executed against strategy with aggressive milestones and significant deliverables
- Proven ability to work autonomously and produce results with minimal supervision
- Possess a solid awareness of the need to balance internal and external drivers when translating needs into solutions
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels