Lead ArchitectJob ID 238078
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Business Administration and Rental Billing teams are responsible for providing employee, financial and billing solutions to help the various administration offices at the corporate and regional offices. This includes solutions directed for our US business as well as our international offices in Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain. Our vision is to bring additional value to our business partners through technology, high quality data and innovative solutions that positively affect or solve current or emerging issues.
The Lead Architect owns the strategy and governance for securing the data processed by Business Administration and Rental Billing solutions, which includes custom developed solutions, purchased software, and Software as a Service (SaaS). As such, the candidate will contribute to the development of strategic planning for the Business Administration governance area and communicate clear and concise strategic visions, as well as providing tactical direction. This position collaborates with other architects and leaders to bring together data security and business requirements into a technology solution with the ability to represent the architectural design and implementation as it relates to data security best practices. This role is responsible for the strategic vision and tactical oversight of the methods required to secure data processed by the Business Administration and Rental Billing global systems, the security posture of integration with cloud (SaaS) solutions to meet EHI's requirements, and oversight of systems data architecture. The candidate must lead and collaborate with engineers on the direction for solutions development, database design, data interfaces and operations. The Lead Architect also maintains effective relationships with all levels of management, business partners, and vendors to promote understanding and produce results for all parties.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and results oriented technology leader to join our team. Major responsibilities of this role include:
- Contribute to building a global architecture strategy by fully understanding the current as well as future data needs and information flows for our business.
- Applying advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Provides guidance and oversight across multiple solutions to ensure data security, interoperability and alignment with overall technology vision.
- Setting and/or influencing the overall security strategy for the department, ensuring data protection and information security compliance expectations are understood and met through building effective working relationships with key departments across the company.
- Analyzes technology/industry trends, the company’s current technology deployments, and recommends solutions to address complex and unique business requirements.
- Establishes a principled style of leadership consistent with the values of the company. Creates and leads an environment that promotes ethics, integrity, and operational excellence.
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating data security, protection and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures; continuously identifies and recommends opportunities for improving security.
- May also perform and/or oversee risk analysis; application-level vulnerability testing, security code reviews, penetration testing, and on-site partner assessments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience working with one or more relational database technologies and possess excellent logical and physical data modelling skills
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in solution architecture, design, development and deployment of large-scale business solutions
- Must exhibit a leadership style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Must have proven experience in developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Must be a subject matter expert in data security technologies and solutions including but not limited to data encryption, database firewalls, data masking and data scrambling
- Must demonstrate superb relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change with the ability to create a non-adversarial atmosphere and be viewed as a partner
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; convey complex information regarding risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must possess a high degree of impact and influence via the ability to influence business decisions and constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Subject matter expert in multiple technology disciplines including infrastructure and web/mobile application development. Experience with Java, Linux, AIX, Oracle, Windows and cloud architecture a plus
- Should demonstrate past success having executed against strategy with aggressive milestones and significant deliverables
- Proven ability to work autonomously and produce results with minimal supervision
- Possess a solid awareness of the need to balance internal and external drivers when translating needs into solutions
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels
- Security certification is a plus