Manager - Application Development - Fleet Management ITJob ID 225924
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates almost 400,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 80 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are financial and employee needs related. The different applications supported by this team include PeopleSoft Financials as well as proprietary applications. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, Microsoft/SQL Server/.NET, Oracle BI and Salesforce. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because many of our applications are needed to support our expansion efforts.
EFM IT has an exciting opportunity for a Manager overseeing the application development of Microsoft technologies. The Microsoft technology supports some of our key business applications including Asset Backed Financing, Citations, Claims processing.
EFM IT has an exciting opportunity for a Level 2 Manager. This new position will be responsible for overseeing the .NET team.
- Managing the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis, including technical support for individual tasks
- Determining time and resources needed to complete assignments and leading team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects
- People management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- Developing and maintaining procedures that support team activities and leading individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures/standards
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Minimum 3 years experience with managing a professional staff in application development, service fulfillment or a support organization
- Three years experience managing projects in a large scale computing and/or networking environment.
- Functional knowledge of accounting systems
- Use of Microsoft Project / Office and Agile methodology
- Technical knowledge of .NET, SSIS, Access and Web services development
- Basic knowledge of or coursework in Accounting
- Prior management experience in interfacing with accounting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Must demonstrate the ability to motivate and direct teams to accomplish goals
- Must demonstrate experience in problem solving, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved, collecting data, establishing the facts, drawing valid conclusions and developing solutions
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, teams, business partners and departments
- Must demonstrate personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service support ethic and the ability to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including good listening skills