ManagerJob ID 249962
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As a Manager in the Payment Department, you will play a critical role in the application development lifecycle and will be responsible for managing a team of Software Engineers. You will proactively coach and develop your team while removing road blocks and determining /communicating information related to the team’s releases. Additional responsibilities include activities such as, career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
In this position, you will collaborate with key business stakeholders at EHI and evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, identify options, and provide proposals that best serve EHI’s core business needs. You will collaborate with Payment management and other subject matter experts from across the EHI organization, as well as vendors, to provide the best in class payment solutions for our customers. You will also have shared responsibilities with other managers to ensure our production support team can thrive in our ever changing environment. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your management skills and technical knowledge while working in an exciting fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate status and technical information across multiple teams and to 3rd party vendors
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers
- 1+ year of experience mentoring and coaching others in a technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct teams to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved, collecting data, establishing the facts, drawing valid conclusions and developing solutions
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management and other teams & departments within the overall IT department
- Must possess the ability to quickly identify, effectively communicate risk and technical impediments to delivery
- Strong personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including good listening skills
- Experience preparing and delivering informal and formal presentations to own team, department, other IT teams, senior leadership, and business partners
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 1+ years’ experience successfully managing people including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
- 1+ years’ of experience managing technical teams
- Experience performing the role of Scrum Master and leading scrum ceremonies
- Past experience working with Payment Processing
- Experience in large-scale enterprise applications and detailed process analysis is preferred
- Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence or similar
- Experience with production support teams and processes