Enterprise Holdings has an immediate opening for a Payroll Supervisor! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing department within our company and learn more about the Corporate Payroll Operations Department and its responsibilities. The department has grown significantly over the last 5 years and is currently processing payroll for 28+ operating groups with more growth anticipated in the near future.
About the Role
The Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for not only the technical functions of payroll, but have significant involvement in the selection, training and development of the current and future payroll coordinators and senior payroll coordinators. This position has the opportunity to contribute significantly to the ongoing growth of the department as well as the evolution of the department operations moving forward. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is extremely organized and proficient at multi-tasking with strong attention to detail.
About the Company
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $25.9 billion in revenue and operated over 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2019. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 85 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market
This is based at the Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO, but offers flexibility for partially remote work.
- Directly supervise two or more employees
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Provide leadership in accordance with the organization’s policies and all applicable laws
- Review weekly, biweekly and monthly payrolls pre- and post-transmittal for accuracy and completeness
- Verify payrolls comply with policies and all pay changes and deductions are processed in accordance with the appropriate source documents
- Verify wage attachments have been entered correctly in the payroll system and in compliance with the court order, Federal and State statues.
- Ensure reconciliations have been completed for benefit deductions and hours reported from the time management system
- Review system audit reports and ensure all needed adjustments have been completed
- Review and approve journal entries
- Ensure all payroll-related schedules are worked monthly and outstanding items are resolved in a timely manner
- Document and evaluate current procedures then provide suggestions for increased efficiency
- Train and develop new and existing employees on new techniques, processes and policy changes
- Supervise the work performed by one or more team members
- May lead and/or assist with payroll processing and related projects
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Four (4) years of payroll and/or accounting experience required
- CPP preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Payroll and/or accounting certification preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting or payroll systems
- Working knowledge of payroll-related Federal and State laws, regulations and legal concerns preferred
- Understanding of professional accounting concepts and practices
- Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and database applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications
Working with a Team
Planning and Organizing
Managing and Developing People