The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 100,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 2 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Vehicle Services team is responsible for building and maintaining the services and vehicle data that comprise the fleet of cars within Enterprise Holdings. They enforce the full lifecycle of the vehicle from the time our cars are ordered to when they are sold as used vehicles. The team interacts closely with and supports the suite of Vehicle Management client applications that the business uses to interact with that lifecycle. The Vehicle Services team also works closely with many different rental client teams to include tablets, kiosks, mobile applications and rental application systems to rent, track and maintain our fleet. In the next fiscal year, there will be several new initiatives that will focus on simplifying our vehicle solution as well as continuing to expand the mobile solutions needed to maintain our fleet.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring IT project and program activities for cross-department teams with a wide range of skillsets. You will provide leadership, communication, and success measurements for the delivery of new and or existing products and services. As a Project Manager, you will collaborate with others to define project scope and objectives, define and coordinate tasks and dependencies, and identify required skills and resource requirements for project teams. You will identify project risks and dependencies, collaborating with others to develop mitigation plans. You will follow and promote established project management methodologies, standards, processes and procedures; recommending modifications to enhance outcomes.
The position may include coordination of restoration of service activities related to outages and require being on an on-call rotation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3 or more years’ experience managing projects in a large scale IT environment
- Experience in communicating, managing, planning, directing, coordinating, organizing, and reporting on concurrent assigned projects
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle) phases
- Strong knowledge of Agile management methodologies and tools (Kanban, Jira, Confluence)
- Strong collaboration skills and teamwork
- Must possess strong meeting facilitation, interpersonal, ownership, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership, results orientation, and self-motivation traits
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with direct and matrixed resource management preferred
- Knowledge of software technologies, tools, and processes