Real Estate Manager - Real Estate Operations
The Real Estate Manager will provide support and guidance to the Groups in the areas of property acquisition, disposition, leasing, and lease administration. This position will include drafting agreements and correspondence for real estate transactions and overseeing the due diligence efforts prior to closing. In this role, the Real Estate Manager will serve as a subject matter expert for real estate transactions and assist with property acquisitions, dispositions, and other real estate matters to accomplish all assigned objectives.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
The position will reside at the Corporate Headquarters located in St. Louis, MO
Property Acquisition/Disposition & Due Diligence
- Draft and/or review property acquisition and disposition documents, including purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, and customary closing documents
- Oversee the comprehensive review of all due diligence prior to property transaction including environmental studies, title insurance commitments, surveys, appraisals, zoning reports, property inspection reports, etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to evaluate findings
- Advise decision makers and recommend practical solutions to mitigate risk
- Prepare comprehensive summary of due diligence and risk assessment for final SVP approval prior to contingency period closing
- Prepare contingency checklists and track critical contract dates
- Develop and maintain standard corporate acquisition/disposition and related forms
- Review lease agreements and related legal documents (estoppel certificates, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, lease amendments, extensions, terminations, etc.) and recommend solutions to address potential risk
- Draft leases, amendments, extensions and other legal documents as required
- Provide lease interpretations for Groups and drafting correspondence to landlords
- Manage the lease aprocess to abstract data from all real estate agreements into database to ensure adherence to agreement terms (accurate payments, timely renewals, notice requirements etc).
- Develop and update job aids and training materials for real estate database
- Conduct periodic audits of database to ensure accuracy of abstraction data
- Conduct training sessions on real estate software database administration, reporting, and audit procedures for group and/or corporate employees
- Serve as a subject matter expert in real estate matters and maintain up to date knowledge on all relevant industry developments in the space
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal cross functional partners, including Risk Management, Legal, Property Development and Facilities and Environmental Health and SafetyManage the development of resources (guides, training materials, best practices, FAQs etc.) to assist groups in real estate matters
- Educate groups in techniques to control and audit occupancy expenses
- May be involved in mergers and acquisitions and international real estate transactions
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting.
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or General Business preferred) or JD
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ten (10+) or more years of Commercial real estate experience with a strong proficiency with real estate leases and/or transactional matters in a corporate setting or law firm
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Approaches situations from a big-picture perspective
- Focuses on accomplishing tasks and achieving positive results
- Takes action to meet goals and objectives
- Motivates others to improve their performance and to achieve and exceed their goals
- Sets clear expectations with employees and follows up appropriately
- Builds strong long-term relationships with people at all levels
- Works well with a diverse group of individuals
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Schedules and plans for short-term and long-term tasks and goals
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Makes thoughtful decisions based on the information available
- Determines the best solution based on the facts available
- Gathers and examines information from multiple sources
- Presents compelling arguments that influence others’ decisions
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing
- Maintains a steady and positive attitude in challenging situations
- Readily adapts to change