Senior Manager (Infrastructure)Job ID 249912
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
For additional information on this or any other department or division as well as career resources to help you apply for this posting, visit My Career on the Hub.
The Desktop Computing team is responsible for technology projects that deliver business value, tier 4 incident management escalations, problem management, continual service improvement, and endpoint device strategies. The team is responsible for Desktop/Laptop/Thin Client hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10, Wyse Thin OS, LanToGo, Microsoft Intune, and Vendor Management.
As a Senior Manager in Desktop Computing, you will be responsible for managing the strategic and operational activities related to the global EHI endpoint device environment. In this role, you will be responsible for determining the time and resources needed to complete assignments, and lead team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects. You will be responsible for people management activities including career planning/development, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. You will develop and maintain procedures that support team activities associated with specific areas of expertise or responsibility, and lead individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a clear lifecycle management plan, ensuring EHI’s environment is on supported version of products before they near end of support
- Remaining current on industry trends and methods to continually increase the value provided to the business
- Maintaining a mindset of continuous improvement in the staff in terms of efficiency and effectiveness of the maintenance, administration, and support of our business solutions and infrastructure - always looking for ways to improve the experience for our end users
- Maintaining and executing plans to deliver quality services and process optimization, and reporting progress regularly
- Ensuring the staff has the knowledge, skills, capacity and motivation required to deliver outstanding service
- Focus on delivering a high level of customer service and quickly resolve issues
- Developing, delivering, and exceeding all performance targets
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5+ years of experience managing a professional IT staff
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management and departments within IT
- Ability to create a vision for the team and motivate staff to achieve common goals
- Must be able to direct technical individuals in achieving project goals
- Ability to work independently on projects in a team environment, making decisions on assignments, and accept responsibility/ownership for projects and tasks
- Ability to handle management of numerous and varied projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of IT and the business
- Excellent meeting participation and facilitation skills; including the ability to keep meetings focused, manage conflict, and summarize meeting highlights and tasks
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved and developing solutions
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Certification is a plus