Senior Manager - Unix/Linux Delivery ManagerJob ID 202931
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 93,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.7 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Unix/Linux Delivery team is responsible for supporting and optimizing the Unix and Linux computing environments. These responsibilities include product lifecycle management, capacity planning, performance, automation, security, and metrics and reporting.
The Senior Manager of the UNIX/Linux Delivery team will lead a new team of technical leaders by establishing, managing and fulfilling the product roadmap and support practices for the supported products and services. Key to the success of the Senior Manager is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the internal application teams and ecosystem partners who hold supporting roles or services required to create a positive customer experience. The successful candidate will be able to drive the core functions of his/her team but will also be an active participant in planning associated to the combined infrastructure services strategy.
As part of your first 60-90 days you will be challenged with helping this new team form together and build the necessary processes and procedures to support the associated responsibilities. Leadership will also look to you to provide guidance and go forward plans to improve the overall effectiveness of the team with an ultimate goal of providing an optimal (and secure) experience to our internal customers.
Other responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop and manage the team through full employment cycle including hiring, career development and performance management
- Set and enforce achievable quality standards for products and services
- Implement task automation and process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and efficiencies
- Work with our Information Security area to identify and remediate vulnerabilities that exist in the environment.
- Balance time between multiple complex projects and baseline maintenance/tech-debt efforts
- Effectively balance customer experience, security and cost control
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships and feedback loops with both service partners and customers
- Manage vendors and service contracts
- Effectively translate technical issues/topics into business impact and value
- Represent team in conversations and presentations to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Manage crisis situations associated to your service area
- Prepare root cause analysis communications
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing an IT staff, which included selecting and developing strong performers, and conducting performance and salary reviews
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing infrastructure engineering/operations teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IBM/AIX, Linux/X86, or related computing hardware and operating systems architecture
- Must have proven ability to motivate and direct teams to achieve results
- Must have strong leadership qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with subordinates, peers, management and departments within IT
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good listening skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Must have proven experience in working and communicating effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Flexible schedule to accommodate after-hours response to incident-related managerial escalations when necessary
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 2+ years managing people managers
Familiarity with role of production operations, Service Delivery, and Service Support
Experience applying Agile concepts to infrastructure development and delivery
Prior experience using Jira for workload management
Knowledge of IBM Power/AIX and/or X86/Linux hardware and O/S administration and support