Senior Payroll Systems Analyst
Enterprise Holdings has an immediate opening for a Senior Payroll Systems Analyst (Ceridian Dayforce)! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team within our company and learn more about the Payroll Support Department. Now is a great time to join Enterprise Payroll as they look to expand their project work in order to meet the needs of our business.
About the Role
The Senior Payroll Systems Analyst will ensure the functionality and maintenance of company-specific payroll systems. This position is a project-based role and will consult with external vendors, corporate customers, affiliated departments, and/or business end users to determine system and process requirements and to ensure maximized efficiencies, effectiveness and compliance. In addition, the Senior Payroll Systems Analyst will assume project management responsibilities for system development, to include testing, reporting, security, training, communication, validation, interfaces and support.
This role will be instrumental as we transition to Ceridian Dayforce Payroll as our primary payroll system. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce Payroll is required.
This position will be based at the Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO and is currently on a hybrid work schedule.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Independently manage small projects or portions of larger projects effectively, incorporating appropriate project management skills into respective areas of responsibility; Plan and complete with a focus on business process, systems and compliance improvements, managing along an implementation timeline; Maintain an understanding and support project scopes to meet overall project goals
- Analyze, research and propose system solutions; take the initiative to ask “what if” questions and appropriately challenge the status quo
- Develop relationships with appropriate contact points within IT, the business community, and vendors
- Become a subject matter expert of system functionality as well as payroll processes for assigned area(s) of expertise, including existing functionality as well as the “unknown” capabilities of the system
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging trends
- Analyze and understand EH payroll and affiliated applications and the processes that support these systems
- Conduct, or serve as a key participant in, structured requirements-gathering sessions and initiatives with corporate customers and business end users
- Work with payroll vendors to further define business requirements and review initial process/program designs
- Create and validate complex ad-hoc payroll data reports and prepare various analyses and audits to ensure compliance; Review data and provide recommendations to better meet business needs
- Ensure that work products have been properly self-reviewed or have been through peer or manager QA
- Maintain an awareness of appropriate internal control risks and the impact on systems development decisions
- Set challenging deadlines to maintain high productivity level
- Test system functionality for specific areas of responsibility ensuring accurate calculations, compliance and proper disclosure
- Provide on-going support to payroll system users, operating groups and corporate customers; support processing and review of payroll work as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor's Degree required (Accounting, Business or Management Information Systems preferred)
- CPA or CPP preferred
- Six plus (6+) years’ experience in (or a combination of): Accounting, Payroll, Finance or Financial Systems experience required
- Must have experience with Ceridian Dayforce Payroll
- Previous payroll experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- System Implementation experience preferred
- Multistate payroll experience preferred
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Building Relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing