Senior Product Manager : Rental Systems
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the leadership, team management, and success of the new cutting edge Greenlight rental platform, ongoing EV requirements, our legacy rental systems (ECARS 2.0 and Odyssey), and ongoing product support. Candidates with significant hands-on experience with these products, or experience with branch operations, are ideal. In this role, you will be tasked with envisioning ways to streamline and enhance current processes and lay the groundwork for the evolution of our rental transaction products. In addition to individual contributions, you also will lead a team of Product Managers and Owners. Their development and career growth will be foundational to the company’s short and long-term success.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of transformative thinking, team management, and a tireless pursuit of excellence. Someone who can bring experience to the team and play a key role in shaping our go-forward strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering and supporting enterprise-wide solutions for our employee teams spanning rental operations, contact center, and shared service organizations. You will become an expert in understanding our internal users’ needs and represent our organization as a subject matter expert. While leveraging strong relationship management skills to build strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders in order to successfully achieve business goals and objectives and shape the future direction of rental operations technology. This role will also oversee multiple products through the entire development lifecycle including product vision, design, build, launch, adoption, and KPI measurement.
Effective facilitation and strong collaboration skills will be critical in this role, and it will be necessary to work cross-functionally, unifying, and motivating peers and stakeholders across various teams (e.g., rental operations, IT, risk, legal, financial systems, training, etc.) to design and deliver effective solutions.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential. This role is available for remote work anywhere in the United States and will report into our team at our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $23.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 1.85 million vehicles in fiscal year 2021.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at nearly 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in more than 90 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Thoroughly understand and advocate for solutions to customers' problems as well as business' goals and objectives, representing that point of view on a day-to-day basis
- Own defining the problem that is to be solved; Develop and communicate business cases, vision and strategy to stakeholders, ensuring alignment with company strategies and goals
- Collaborate with Product Discovery, Customer Experience and Use Experience to define and prioritize the product road map
- Monitor KPIs for the product against industry leading benchmarks
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Manage medium to large complex product or product suite through the entire product life cycle
- Manage the implementation of Product Development projects with internal teams and third-party vendors to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project timeline; Work with Implementation and Communications teams to develop product line communications and drive engagement
- Analyze and define market and competitive conditions; Stay up-to-date on new technologies to best serve Product Development goals
- Develop and curate new ideas and determine which ideas will achieve critical objectives and should be promoted into features; Communicate the status back to stakeholders
- Review new and existing product specifications to ensure the scope of the current and future product meets strategic objectives, ensuring commercial viability
- Own the selection and prioritization of product enhancements; Ensure requests and appropriate feedback are seamlessly integrated into the product road map and development processes by playing a key role in development efforts including planning, refinement, user acceptance testing, retrospectives, sprints and scrums
- Obtain market information by performing primary research with field operations and other business partners as well as reviewing secondary research materials; Identify needs by talking to customers, monitoring feedback from various listening tools and collaborating with cross-function business partners
- Confirm completion of product development and determine readiness for market launch, ensuring delivery of well aligned, high value solutions through use of product life cycle and agile development methodologies
- Manage the product strategy behind the user experience and business objectives for multiple products used by rental operations
- Develop action plans to address technology issues hindering strategy and objectives
- Manage the product financials for growth, user adoption and profitability/ROI by providing short and long-term forecasts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or other applicable field required
- Must have 5+ years of experience as one (or a combination) of the following:
- Product Owner/Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Working knowledge of tools such as Aha, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in leadership roles mentoring and/or directing people and projects
- Working With a Team