job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Senior Software Engineer - Java - Blitz
Enterprise Holdings, operating the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands is looking for an Senior Software Engineer, Java to join our amazing Information Technology team! Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America.
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
This position is open to candidates who wish to work from home (WFH). Employees who choose virtual / remote work should have an adequate space to serve as their home office. #LI-REMOTE
The Renter Team is responsible for the retention and maintenance of driver and loyalty profile information for EHI customers, and making this data securely available to other services, solutions, and third-party vendors. This data is crucial to enable the rental fulfillment processes of over 1 million vehicles in US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain. We work closely with our Business Stakeholders from around the globe, for all our brands, to make enhancements to our applications and to stay ahead in our ever-evolving global operations. The Renter Services team is excited to announce an opportunity for an Engineer 2 to join the team.
As an Senior Software Engineer - Java, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent our department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. As an Engineer 2, Software you will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in Java-based software development
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience with relational databases
- Must have experience with Java 8 or higher
- Rest API Development experience
- Experience with emerging cloud platform technologies, preferably AWS
- Must have experience with Java open source frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, XML Beans
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Proficient knowledge of Windows/Unix operating systems
- Proficient with web services & service-oriented architecture
- Experience with unit/integration testing frameworks such as Karate and Spock (JUnit, JMockit, and EasyMock as alternatives)
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as CI/CD, Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with web service testing tools such as Postman
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle database server
- Must have strong communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and with people of varying technical knowledge
- Ability to work well with others
- Accept responsibility/ownership for assigned tasks and projects
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high demand, and challenging environment
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must have experience with front-end Java supporting tools including JSP Tag Library, Cascading Style Sheets, HTML, BootStrap
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Nice to have experience includes React, TypeScript, Jest, Karma, Jasmine or Struts2.0
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.