job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Senior Software Engineer - Java - Blitz
Enterprise Holdings, operating the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Java to join our amazing Information Technology team! Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America.
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
This position is open to candidates who wish to work from home (WFH). Employees who choose virtual / remote work should have an adequate space to serve as their home office. #LI-REMOTE
The IT Car Sales Department partners with our business and IT Teams to deliver technology solutions that support our retail Car Sales operations. Enterprise Car Sales operates approximately 150 dealerships throughout the United States.
We have several exciting initiatives in IT Car Sales. We have a significant strategic IT effort underway to migrate our business products to the cloud. This will enable the adoption of modern technology platforms and capabilities to support the continued growth of our Car Sales operations. We are also implementing our API First strategy, leveraging available API’s to streamline our connections to both internal and external products.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Java you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2 on the IT Car Sales team, you will be responsible for leading the development of applications to solve business, engineering, and scientific problems as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. You should have experience with hands-on development. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests and refactoring to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications. You will innovate and collaborate on technological strategies working with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build highly performing enterprise systems that improve business outcomes and increase staff productivity. You will participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile like methodology). You must be able to understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- The Senior Software Engineer requires 3 or more years of related experience
- Extensive experience programming in Java
- Experience with server-side development frameworks Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with Web Services (REST, JSON, and XML)
- Experience creating and implementing SQL
- Experience with unit testing using Junit, Mockito or EasyMock
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns
- Experience with source control systems (BitBucket/GIT experience preferred)
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with using STS/IntelliJ, Maven
- Experience with scripting under Unix operating systems
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with API development
- Experience working with API Gateway Platforms such as Kong, Amazon API Gateway
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.