job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
IT Senior Systems Engineer - Blitz
Enterprise Holdings, operating the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Engineer 2) to join our amazing Information Technology team! Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America.
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
This position is open to candidates who wish to work from home (WFH). Employees who choose virtual / remote work should have an adequate space to serve as their home office. #LI-REMOTE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Enterprise Holdings is seeking to support our rapidly growing public cloud application and infrastructure portfolio. Our growing cloud presence demands relevant expertise to optimize cloud efficiency. This role allows collaboration with talented IT leaders to make informed decisions incorporating all technical aspects of cloud financials.
Test and benchmark new products and instance types and uncover lifecycle cost implications of new offerings and “features” from cloud vendors.
Keep abreast of major cloud vendors’ product offerings with an emphasis on financial reporting and cost consequences.
Use your troubleshooting skills to track down issues with memory,
Develop a detailed understanding of cloud-specific costs, such as size, region, database type,
Configure and manage cloud cost optimization tools.
Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes and customer environments.
Develop and maintain automation to:
- Deliver metrics for financial reporting
- Uncover cost optimization opportunities, detect idle, underutilized, oversized, etc., instances
- Instrument new and existing applications to expose financially relevant information, i.e., tagging
- Fact check cloud vendor cost savings claims for new instance types and features
- Monitor and alarm costly cloud resource anomalies
- Provide current data to financial dashboards
This is an exciting role in a fast-paced, collaborative team that strives to build and foster close working relationships with its software development team clients and multiple levels of IT leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience designing and building automated applications
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience Identifying and addressing bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks
- Experience in and demonstrable knowledge of Windows and Linux user interface and commands
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python & PowerShell
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Integrate data sources, rest/API calls, web pages, and applications to serve front-end interface
- Display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and present findings clearly and concisely
- Develop dashboards with data-driven content, data visualizations, and reports using various reporting platforms like
- Ability to query and analyze data from large and varied databases and data sets, knowledge of SPLUNK.
- Experience building or supporting SharePoint, databases (SQL), query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, etc. that enable data capture, analysis, and/or data visualization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 1+ years of experience with Hardware Optimization
- 1+ years of experience in tracking Metrics on Hardware Servers and or Licensing
- Experience in Jira, Bitbucket, Artifactory, and Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud Offerings such EC2, Lambda, AppService, Containers, and Spot)
- Experience with Terraform
- Development experience using Python
- Experience in Identity and Access management in AWS and Azure
- Proficient in networking and security
- Experience with automated workflow tools
- Experience with CI/CD and code management tools (Git, TFS, Jenkins, etc.)
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.