Software AnalystJob ID 249919
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Pricing Services team is responsible for developing, enhancing and supporting the majority of pricing needs for reservation and rental clients.
As a Software Analyst on the Pricing Services Support Team, you will be responsible for evaluating business requests to determine feasibility, identifying options, and recommending solutions for software development or enhancements. You will perform detailed analysis and interpret customer requirements, transforming those requirements into logical design specifications. As part of the Pricing Support team, you will also assist with developing interfaces and monitoring enhancements to support the overall health of the pricing applications.
In this role, you will also be asked to research and present information in response to questions related to business standards. You may participate in testing, identifying potential problems and researching opportunities to minimize complexity. You will actively investigate, analyze, collaborate, understand and document the application/service functionality. As a Software Analyst you will serve as a critical team member. This is the perfect opportunity for a self-directed, detail-oriented, technically curious individual. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as communication skills (both written and oral) will be important.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 2+ years of experience in IT as a Software Analyst, Business Analyst or similar IT role
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio 2010
- Basic knowledge of JIRA/Confluence or another Project Tracking System
- Basic knowledge of object oriented services, Java, and relational databases
- Familiarity with regression testing, release testing, and/or troubleshooting system issues
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to timelines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify root cause and conduct initial investigation into problems as they arise
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to document both system design information and processes
- Must have proven experience in communicating and collaborating with all levels of management
- Ability to partner with software development team members to communicate a detailed understanding of requirements
- Ability to clearly define and create detailed documentation to describe complex business processes to the lowest level
- Ability to validate that new software release are production ready and provide documentation for it to end users
- Consistently demonstrates personal ownership of tasks, projects and job performance
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Service applications is preferred
- Experience working with Agile methodology or KANBAN is preferred