job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2022
Enterprise Holdings is the world’s largest car rental operator and an industry leader in mobility and technology. We’re one of the top global travel companies, ranking ahead of many airlines and most cruise lines and hotels. And no matter what transportation challenges our customers face, we have an innovative solution.
We operate the Enterprise Rent-A-Car National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands via more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport offices, including franchisee branches, in nearly 100 countries and territories.
Through this robust global network, we operate a fleet of nearly 1.7 million vehicles and provide a comprehensive portfolio of transportation solutions, including car rental, carsharing, vanpooling, car sales, truck rental, vehicle-subscription and affiliated fleet management services. As a total mobility provider, we serve the needs of a wide variety of customers, businesses, government agencies and organizations every day.
At the center of it all, our dedicated IT teams innovate, design and develop the technology that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a diverse and talented team that creates and delivers powerful technology solutions for our customers and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
Enterprise Holdings is seeking driven and passionate technologists to join our Summer 2022 Internship Program. This structured, 10-week program will be hosted both in-office and virtually. Monday through Thursday our Interns will spend time with their teams performing hands-on, impactful project work, while Fridays will be dedicated to coordinated group internship events. Interns will be provided coaching, mentorship and networking opportunities.
Enterprise’s IT Internship Program encourages students to gain real world, hands on experience in their functional areas. On average, over 80% of our interns receive full time offers upon completion of the program and finishing their degrees. At Enterprise, we strongly believe in promoting from within. Join the IT Internship Program to spark your career!
As an Intern within the IT Division, you will join a team and be tasked with developing an application from concept to implementation and/or work alongside our product teams to support real world production applications. You will have the opportunity to work first hand with a number of technologies and programming languages, many of which you will have the chance to research and select yourself. As an Intern, you will have the great opportunity to work alongside a team of skilled engineers and help to create innovative business solutions for real world problems.
- Partner with Engineers and Architects to analyze requirements
- Interpret requirements to create custom applications
- Research and select technologies for building applications
- Develop prototypes and perform application programming
- Perform unit and integration testing
Enterprise’s Technical Environment includes:
- Java and Object Oriented Application Development
- Agile Methodology
- Web Site and Mobile (iOS and Android) Development
- Web Services
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must currently be pursuing a technical degree, OR must be enrolled in a in a technical training program with a targeted completion prior to May 2023
- Coursework completed in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business-Technology coursework
- Knowledge of Systems and/or Software Development Life Cycles (minimum from school/training)
- Knowledge of project management (minimum from school/training)
- Ability to translate technical information into easy to consume written communications
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve problems
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field strongly preferred
- Current Junior or higher currently enrolled in a 4-year university with a 3.0 GPA or higher strongly preferred
- Previous Internship or Co-op experience
- Past work experience and/or community service
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.