Staff Accountant - Marketing
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing select monthly financial schedules for Marketing spend and process complex invoices ensuring contractual compliance and invoice accuracy. Additionally, this position will assist with the annual forecast, track actual results and provide insight into variances.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Prepare select monthly financial schedules and review to ensure accuracy and identify anomalies
- Prepare journal entries and expense accruals
- Assist with compiling the annual forecast for all department initiatives
- Provide accounting guidance to marketing team
- Review and analyze financial position against forecast and identify variances and the cause
- Review and analyze variances to full year projections and update as appropriate
- Validate, code and match complex invoices to purchase orders or contracts, resolve discrepancies, ensure properly approved and key into project management system when appropriate
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting
- Identify cost savings opportunities and process efficiencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be authorized to work in the US and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office preferred
- CPA/CMA preferred
- One year related experience preferred
- Experience with Peoplesoft General Ledger and Accounts Payable systems preferred
- Customer Service
- Planning and Organizing