Staff Accountant - Parent Accounting
Enterprise Holdings has an opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join the Parent Accounting team within the Corporate Accounting Department. The Staff Accountant will provide accounting support for Corporate Departments, multiple branches and/or Groups. This position will prepare, review and reconcile accounting statements, schedules and reports. In addition, this position will review invoices/expenses, travel & expense reports and various accounting transactions.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Prepare and analyze monthly balance sheet and group account schedules
- Prepare journal entries, expense accruals and allocations
- Analyze comparative income statements by branch; prepare footnote disclosures
- Prepare and compile annual forecasts for corporate departments
- Provide accounting guidance to corporate departments
- Code and process vendor invoices for services, products, etc.
- Review and approve travel & expense (T&E) reports
- Identify cost savings opportunities and process efficiencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; or
- Master’s Degree in Accounting; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a Concentration in Accounting; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business with experience as an Enterprise Accountant
- CPA a plus
- Zero (0) to one (1) years of accounting experience preferred
- PeopleSoft Financial experience preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting policies and rules
- Intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Qualified Candidates must also possess the following:
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communications both verbal and written
- Comfortable working individually or in a team