Staff Accountant - Parent Accounting
The Parent Accounting Department, located within Corporate Accounting, has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant. If you enjoy working with different people in several departments in a fast paced environment, this position is for you. This person will be responsible for providing accounting support for several Corporate Departments and/or Groups. This position will also analyze invoices/expenses, T&E reports and perform various accounting transactions.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $25.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 2 million vehicles in fiscal year 2019.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Prepare and analyze monthly balance sheet and group account schedules
- Prepare journal entries, expense accruals and allocations
- Analyze comparative income statements by branch; prepare footnote disclosures
- Prepare and compile annual forecasts for corporate departments
- Provide accounting guidance to corporate departments
- Code and process vendor invoices for services, products, etc.
- Review and approve travel & expense (T&E) reports
- Identify cost savings opportunities and process efficiencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a Concentration in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Accounting experience preferred
- PeopleSoft Financial experience preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting policies and rules
- Intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communications both verbal and written
- Comfortable working individually or in a team