Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
As a Staff Accountant on the Business Management Team, you will be responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting for the IT organization. You will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, and reconciling accounting statements, schedules, and reports. You will also record and review expenses, adjustments, and accruals, along with escalating any discrepancies. You will identify cost saving opportunities as available. You will be collecting data needed for annual forecasts along with analyzing forecast vs. annual expenditures and identify and escalate variances. Finally, you will assist with task automation and process improvements, as directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required
- 2 or more years of related experience
- 2 or more years of experience preparing monthly financial reporting
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to execute timely and accurate month-end closing process
- Experience preparing, reviewing and reconciling accounting statements, schedules and reports
- Experience recording and reviewing expenses, adjustments and accruals for validity and escalates discrepancies to senior staff or manager for resolution
- Ability to work independently, and willing to provide a high level of customer service
- Highly organized
- Motivated, with a strong desire and drive to be successful
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, as you will collaborate with internal Enterprise customers, support staff and suppliers regularly
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- PeopleSoft experience is preferred
- 1+ years of experience reviewing and interpreting financial reporting requirements, rules, and regulations is strongly preferred