The Corporate Payroll team has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Staff Accountant! This is a great opportunity to be part of a vital department and learn more about the Corporate Payroll Operations Department and its responsibilities. The department has grown significantly over the last 5 years and is still growing!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Payroll Operations Department has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant. Given the overall growth of the Payroll Operations area and a recent staff change, a Staff Accountant position is available. The Staff Accountant is responsible for payroll-related journal entries and account schedules for an assigned number of Operating and Corporate entities. This position will also assist with various reporting and research duties in order to ensure full support to our business partners. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
This position reports into our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO, with a hybrid schedule available.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Compensation decisions will be made based on factors that include but are not limited to experience, education, location and skill level
Enterprise Holdings Inc. is a leading provider of mobility solutions, owning and operating the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries. Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates offer extensive car rental, carsharing, truck rental, fleet management, retail car sales, as well as travel management and other transportation services, to make travel easier and more convenient for customers.
Privately held by the Taylor family of St. Louis, Enterprise Holdings together with its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management manages a diverse fleet of 2.1 million vehicles and accounted for nearly $30 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2022 through a network of more than 10,000 fully-staffed neighborhood and airport rental locations in more than 90 countries and territories.
- Prepare and maintain monthly payroll-related balance sheet account schedules for multiple entities
- Prepare journal entries, expense accruals and allocations
- Prepare journal entries to record payroll activity to the General Ledger
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies
- Provide payroll accounting support to department personnel and key business contacts (at both the Group and Corporate entity levels)
- Prepare expense fluctuation reporting and assist with related research
- Assist with the preparation of state-required reporting of payroll data, as needed
- Assist with accounting projects as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must meet one of the following education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a Concentration in Accounting
- Must have Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- One or more years of accounting experience preferred
- Working With a Team
- Customer Service