Tax Accountant - ComplianceJob ID 228128
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Did you know 13,781 Enterprise employees were promoted so far in 2017?
- Did you know Enterprise is on Forbes list of America’s Largest Private Companies?
- Did you know Enterprise Holdings Foundation provided more than $36.5 million in grant funding to charitable causes?
- Did you know Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity available for a Tax Accountant?
This Tax Accountant will be a team member of our Corporate Tax Department Compliance Team. This position is responsible for the preparation of federal, state, and local, and international income tax returns and related work papers. This position offers a great opportunity to build and increase your knowledge of complex tax issues.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Preparation of income tax returns including U.S. Federal, state and local returns
- Prepare tax adjustments for international tax returns and related compliance including correspondence and coordination with external service providers
- Design and preparation of complex income tax return workpapers and analyses, including Schedule M adjustments, state apportionment, and estimate and extension calculations
- Participate in state audits including information review and correspondence with the states
- Preparation of amended income tax returns, as needed
- Work independently with state and local taxing authorities regarding notices and other correspondence
- Perform special projects and related research to apply changing tax law to Enterprise operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a Concentration in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax, or Juris Doctorate in Tax
- Basic understanding of corporate income tax compliance required
- Multi‐state corporate income tax preparation experience preferred
- Previous experience with tax preparation software and tax research preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or equivalent applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Strong level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team