Tax Accountant - Corporate Tax
The Tax Accountant will primarily provide analysis supporting our vehicle related tax adjustments while secondarily supporting the Compliance teams tax preparation and filing needs.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $23.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 1.85 million vehicles in fiscal year 2021.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at nearly 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in more than 90 countries and territories throughout the world.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Reconcile vehicle system depreciation and gain/loss results to the general ledger
- Research and analyze book and tax differences across multiple lines of business
- Perform data extraction and analyze data inputs and results from the company’s vehicle tax depreciation system
- Perform routine and ad hoc testing and error correction of the company’s vehicle tax depreciation system
- Prepare income tax returns including U.S. Federal, state and local returns
- Prepare amended income tax returns
- Prepare a variety of tax related documents, including book to tax adjustments, state apportionment, estimate and extension calculations, and depreciation calculations
- Prepare international statutory provision and the supporting workpapers
- Prepare tax adjustments for international tax returns and related compliance including correspondence and coordination with external service providers
- Participate in state audits including information review and correspondence with the states, as needed
- Work independently with state and local taxing authorities to resolve notices and other correspondence
- Perform special projects and related research to apply changing tax law to Enterprise operations, as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Tax
- Juris Doctorate with a concentration in Tax or LLM
- Experience with Microsoft Office products or equivalent applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Up to (2) or more years of public accounting or corporate income tax experience
- Experience with Enterprise and/or Fleet Management vehicle and/or accounting applications
- Working with a Team
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving