Tax Provision Manager
Enterprise Holdings’ Corporate Tax Department has an immediate opening for a Tax Manager on the tax provision (ASC 740) team.
Enterprise is the industry leader in the rental service provider market and the country’s 12th largest privately held company, according to Forbes magazine’s 2020 rankings. We operate the largest fleet of vehicles in the world with over 1.7 million vehicles in service in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Our ownership and corporate headquarters have resided in St. Louis, Missouri for 60 years, where the Company is both a leading employer and prominent philanthropic contributor.
The Enterprise Corporate Tax Department consists of 19 full time tax professionals, including a very experienced manager team. This position will manage the worldwide tax provision process which presently includes the U.S. and more than 10 foreign jurisdictions and will supervise a department of three. Tax provisions will encompass both U.S. and foreign GAAP concepts. This position offers a great opportunity to engage in a variety of complex tax issues and includes advancement potential.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO, a suburb of St. Louis.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Manage and review U.S. and foreign tax provisions under ASC 740 and local GAAP, including related analyses and footnotes, and supervise two provision employees
- Review the quarterly tax rate projections and tax account analyses and monitor quarterly tax sharing status
- Monitor and evaluate proposed income tax legislation
- Consult with external service providers regarding audit of tax provisions
- Prepare or review various tax research and analysis projects supporting the tax compliance process
- Manage and assess the performance of employees
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required (Masters preferred); or
- Master's degree in Accounting, Tax or Accounting Systems; or
- Juris Doctorate with a concentration in Tax or LLM
- CPA preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of public accounting or corporate income tax experience including tax provision (ASC 740) required;
- Experience with OneSource and/or other tax software and systems required
- Three (3) or more years of employee supervisory experience required
- Advanced knowledge of accounting for income taxes (ASC 740) required
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above in Microsoft Excel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Forward Thinking
- Leading and Inspiring People
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Persuading and Influencing