Tax Senior Manager
Enterprise Holdings Corporate Tax Department is expanding and has an immediate opening for a Tax Senior Manager to join the tax leadership team.
Enterprise is the industry leader in the rental service provider market and the country’s 13th largest privately held company, according to Forbes magazine’s 2018 rankings. We operate the largest fleet of vehicles in the world and a have presence in more than 90 countries. Our ownership and corporate headquarters have resided in St. Louis, Missouri for 60 years, where the Company is both a leading employer and prominent philanthropic contributor.
The Tax Senior Manager will report to the Worldwide Director of Tax. You will be a key member of the tax team and will lead one of the four primary tax areas. This role also works collaboratively with other areas and members of the tax team and other key financial/operational persons within the Company. Success in this role weighs heavily on the ability to consider overall business impacts in conjunction with appropriate tax considerations, strategies and the company’s core values.
This position is located at our world wide Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
- Lead the tax aspects of M&A including due diligence, deal structure, purchase agreement provisions, integration, etc. This will include working and teaming with a multi-discipline team of internal and external subject matter experts.
- Lead the tax aspects of new business development initiatives which includes entity selection, placement and working with other members of the tax team to evaluate any tax implications from an income tax and transaction tax perspective.
- Be a member of a corporate level multi-discipline team that evaluates and supports the ongoing operation and expansion of licensees in multiple foreign jurisdictions.
- Manage the tax accounting methods and systems for Enterprise Fleet Management, which includes monitoring and appropriately adjusting all book to tax adjustments, supporting systems changes for tax law and accounting changes, and supervising the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Evaluation of tax systems and efficiency opportunities.
- Develop and maintain tax controls for core areas of responsibility and work with other members of the Tax Department to develop best practices.
- Various special projects which includes evaluation and implementation of planning opportunities, entity structuring initiatives, management analyses, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; or
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting; or
- Master's degree in Accounting or Tax; or
- Juris Doctorate with a concentration in Tax or LLM
- Passed CPA Preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of tax experience or a present Tax Senior Manager
- Significant experience with large multinational corporations
- Exceptional tax, accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills, including a good understanding of tax accounting methods and tax research skills required
- Experience with foreign tax jurisdictions is a plus
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above using online tax research tools
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to communicate complex and detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and propose credible solutions
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality