Staff AccountantJob ID 248809
Enterprise Holdings British Columbia has an opening at their Headquarters office in Surrey for a Staff Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to advance their career in Business Management. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and have a desire to pursue a Management position within the Business Management department.
The salary range for this position is from $42,000-$46,000 and we offer full CPA course and dues reimbursement. We have a promote from within culture and offer great career advancement and learning opportunities from Staff Accountant to Controller.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of basic to intermediate accounting principles.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong time-management/organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The desire to develop the attitude and technical capabilities to advance to a Management Position within Enterprise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct support to Daily Rental for accounting related functions.
- Facilitate a timely and accurate month-end closing process coordinating all departments toward an efficient close (i.e. in a financial/accounting role).
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly financial statement.
- Assist with the completion of monthly financial statement analysis.
- Review and Approve Journal Vouchers.
- Complete month end schedules.
- Produce Business Management reports developed to support various business operations.
- Provide support to administrative departments by designing and preparing periodic analysis as input to business decisions.
- Handle credit card disputes and charge backs.
- Assist with managing the Accounts Receivable list including researching and processing customer refunds.
- Degree/diploma in Accounting or Finance
- Currently pursuing or have the desire to pursue your CPA or similar in the next 1-2 years.
- Open to relocation for promotional purposes.
- Valid Class 7 or higher Driver's License.
- No more than two moving violations or at-fault driving convictions within the last 3 years.
- No DUI's within the last 5 years.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.