Liability Adjuster - Entry Level
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, an industry leader in the transportation world is hiring for their legal/liability department. We are looking for career minded individuals to join our liability team. The role involves investigation, problem solving, and negotiation.
- Prior claims experience is not required
- Compensation ranges from $45,500 - $56,280 depending on experience and includes comprehensive paid training
- Flexible schedule options available
Our in-house liability claims department handles car accidents resulting from Enterprise rental operations. The Liability Representative is assigned claims which are investigated, evaluated, and handled based on its merits. Daily contacts can include renters, claimants, attorneys, and body shops. We offer a performance-based career path with five different levels, and can branch into other roles such as management, auditing, and training. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a career in liability claims or risk management.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and entails working primarily in an office setting. We offer a full benefit package with medical, dental and prescription coverage, a matching 401k, paid time off, company discounts, and flexible schedules for good work/life balance.
- Gathering and evaluating coverage information, taking recorded statements, police reports, repair estimates and other related documents.
- Conducting electronic and telephone investigations along with assigning field appraisers to assist with investigations
- Evaluating property damage and bodily injury
- Determining coverage and liability
- Negotiating and settling liability claims
- Possible travel for vehicle inspections, depositions, trials and settlement conferences
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience
- Experience can include involvement in organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military.
- Prior work experience in an office or administrative setting preferred
- Previous insurance or claims related experience a plus
- Must be able to work full-time
- Must have the ability to travel when necessary
- Must currently live in the Thornton, CO metropolitan area
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive group and vendor relations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and telephone protocol
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize a diverse workload and maintain timely follow up/responses
- Demonstrated negotiation aptitude
- Ability to deal with problems in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to manage conflict during difficult or emotional situations
- Ability to organize and present information, views and concepts in a concise and understandable format for a variety of audiences