Accounting Intern Summer 2019 Thousand Oaks
Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our Accounting Intern position will introduce you to our Business Management Training program which fully prepares you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation.
A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. Through the Accounting Internship, you will be exposed to a career in which you'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus you'll work with fun people at a $22.3 billion industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
This summer internship will pay $17/hour and will require availability for 35-38 hours per week for a 10 week minimum.
The internship start date will be begin upon completion of the semester or quarter, depending on college/university.
Must be available to work Monday through Thursday, 8am to 5pm, and Fridays from 8am to 12pm, for the duration of the 10 week summer program.
This position will be out of our Regional Office in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Starting as an Accounting Intern, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Work closely with rental branches and other departments
- Assist Management with reports, etc.
- Involved with A/P and A/R Functions: tax processes, cash receipts, and petty cash
- Assist in accounting schedules & filing
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must currently be enrolled in a Southern California college/university in a bachelors degree program in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be residing in Southern California for the duration of the Summer Internship
- Must have 6 months of leadership (including: work, clubs, organizations, athletics, military, etc..)
- Must have an expected graduation date of June 2020
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- This position requires a valid drivers license
- Must be available to work Monday through Thursday, 8am to 5pm and Friday from 8am-12pm, for the duration of the 10 week summer program.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law.