Staff Accountant, Ronkonkoma, NYJob ID 238955
This individual will be responsible for preparing financial statements, providing external and internal communication to rental locations, vendors and various departments. Projects will include but will not be limited to managing accounts receivable general ledger accounts, analyzing accounts, resolving issues and variances, and calculating/preparing end of month entries.
This position offers solid professional and financial growth opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to achieve continued growth and success. The ideal candidate will portray strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
- Prepare financial statements
- Perform branch evaluations
- Assemble back reconciliation and account schedules
- Execute accounts payables and receivables in a timely manner
- Train and develop employees on administrative concepts
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be flexible to relocate outside local area/state within a 1-3 year period to accept potential promotional opportunities.
- Must have an intermediate level of proficiency with MicroSoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Must have a "meets requirements" or above on last review.
- Must not be on probation of any kind including first six months driving probation.
- Must live in a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour of Ronkonkoma, NY, or must be relocating to the area within 30 days of application.
Qualified candidates must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Self starter with a “start with yes” mentality
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Solid organizational skills while paying close attention to detail