Consumer Collections Coordinator
The Consumer Collections Coordinator pursues balances owed from individual customers on rental transactions. This position may also be called upon to perform account analysis and/or provide additional support for the daily activities of the department.
This position will be located at 14002 E 21st St. Tulsa, OK. Must be a current resident of the greater Tulsa, Oklahoma area. Currently, this position will train and work from home as a safety precaution due to Covid-19. When it has been determined that office work is safe to return to, this position will remain flexible and could potentially offer opportunities for on-site and work from home options.
- Review reservations, rentals and credit card authorizations and charges in Odyssey, ECARS, RFS, EH Insight, Report Web, People Soft, OnBase and Renter Maintenance to determine validity and/or discrepancies of rental charges.
- Make and take daily inbound/outbound customer calls via phone or email to resolve balances owed; escalate disputed balances and other issues to the service or rental station or supervisor.
- Activate/deactivate "Do Not Rent" requests.
- Request letters and police reports for cases of stolen vehicle or identity theft; work with Risk managers and stations regarding warrants on stolen vehicles.
- Work emails received from customers, customer service and/or other departments daily
- Perform skip traces via Lexis Nexis, Internet and Directory assistance to locate vailid customer address and/or phone numbers.
- Utilize Report Web, EH Insight, OnBase, Odyssey, RFS, ECARS, Slick, IPG-Virtual Terminal, Velocity, ICE-DRU, ICE 2.0 Claim Viewer and Renter Maintenance to verify balances owed
- Research accounts to ensure billing accuracy
- Process payments and CCRIs to resolve DNR balances
- Ensure daily and monthly matrix goals and requirements are met
- Ensure all customer credit card information is secure and free from exposure in all systems and processes
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Submit RAF's for both credit card payments and small balances write offs
- Research credit card charges
- Prepare and submit People Soft write offs for negotiated account balances when needed
- perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Maintain clear and concise notes in Odyssey, ECARS, RFS, DNR screens in Renter Maintenance as well as People Soft.
- Stay up to date on all Visa/MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit card acceptance guidelines as well as industry Chargeback rules and regulations
- Stay up to date and be aware of FDCPA-Fair debt collection practices act.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Must have 1 year collections and /or customer service experience using a computer on a daily basis required
- Intermediate in Excel
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work Monday-Friday 40 hours/ work week
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $15.75/hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required.
- Must live in Tulsa or surrounding area
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent telephone manner with strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to research, determine and negotiate a settlement amount
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to research, determine and negotiate settlement amounts
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to set priorities to ensure optimum efficiency to meet deadlines and goals
- Detailed oriented and the ability to set priorities a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet goals, time frames, and deadlines required.