Force Charge Collector
The Collector pursues balances owed from individual customers on rental transactions. This position may also be called upon to perform account analysis and/or provide additional support for the daily activities of department.
This position is located at 14002 E. 21st St. Tulsa, OK 74134.
- Review reservations, rentals and credit card authorizations and charges in Odyssey to determine validity and/or discrepancies with rental charges
- Make daily inbound/outbound customer calls via phone or email to resolve balances owed; escalate disputed balances and other issues to the service or rental station or supervisor
- Activate/deactivate “Do Not Rent” requests
- Request letters and police reports for cases of stolen vehicle or identity theft; work with stations regarding warrants on stolen vehicles
- Perform skip traces via Lexis Nexis, Internet and Directory assistance to locate valid customer address and/or phone numbers
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to verify balances owed, run queries and determine aging balances
- Research accounts to ensure billing accuracy
- Ensure daily and monthly collections goals and requirements are met
- Submit RAFs for both payments and small balance write offs
- Maintain clear and concise notes in Odyssey, as well as PeopleSoft
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years of collections experience preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work Monday-Friday 40 hours/ work week
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $14/hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent telephone manner with strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to research, determine and negotiate a settlement amount