Staff Accountant-CommissionsJob ID 231589
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Commissions Accounting team is seeking a candidate to fill a Staff Accountant position.
They will be responsible for analyzing, forecasting, and reporting data for the Commissions Accounting function.
This position is located at 14002 E. 21st St. Suite 1500 in Tulsa, OK.
- Prepare forecast analysis report and propose appropriate accrual journals
- Identify and perform audit control tasks
- Ensure all assigned account reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Perform monthly close duties
- Query the rental database and product reports via Business Objects/EHI Insight
- Analyze and maintain Commission and Rebate accounts in Odyssey to ensure appropriate accrual is booked to the G/L
- Coordinate with various departments in Finance, Sales and Marketing to identify new contractual commission structures, obtain current contracts, and understand trends in the industry that may affect accrual methods
- Special Projects as requested; reservation/rental research, create database reports via Business Objects/EHI Insight, calculate payment discrepancies, Odyssey system errors and propose payment resolutions
- Assist with managing department phone system/email/fax/mail to resolve commission payment inquiries from internal and external customers
- Promote teamwork by maintaining a positive respectful demeanor, encourage participation during department meetings, and help identify areas for improvement related to organization and cross-training
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Intermediate working knowledge in Excel; Access preferred
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work Monday-Friday 40 hours/ work week
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $20/hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with Odyssey and Business Objects preferred
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communications both verbal and written
- Comfortable working independently or in a team