Assistant Vice President of DC Federal Affairs
The Government & Public Affairs team has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Vice President of DC Federal Affairs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to find themselves at the intersection of technology and transportation – in a place where the rapidly evolving public policy will shape the way current and future generations get from point A to B in a secure and efficient manner. Enterprise Holdings, the industry leading total transportation provider is seeking a self-motivated professional to manage federal government & public affairs based in the Washington DC area. The ideal candidate for this exciting opportunity has a strong interest in politics and public policy; and has experience working with Congressional Committees that preside over issues affecting our business, e.g. House Energy & Commerce; House Transportation and Infrastructure; Senate Commerce and Senate Finance.
Working remotely out of the Washington DC metro area and reporting to the St. Louis-based Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs, this is a role ideal for the candidate with strong organization skills that thrives on working independently but still part of a larger team. This individual will be a steward of our treasured 60+ year old family of brands; and to many policy makers in Washington DC will be the face of our Company. They will serve as the primary liaison with industry trade associations, as well as trade groups of related industries. In sum, this dynamic results-oriented individual will serve as a catalyst to strengthen relationships for the entire industry in Washington DC. Excellent social and communication skills are a must. Direct or indirect experience with automotive, sharing economy or property & casualty industries are desired but not required. At Enterprise Holdings, we’re driven to succeed; we’re looking for candidates looking to do the same.
As an Enterprise employee, we offer an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Reviewing and summarizing proposed Federal legislation and regulatory issues for potential impact;
- Communicating significant Federal legislation and regulation to various levels of management for review and coordinating responses;
- Strategically assisting in the development of approaches and tactics to address Federal issues and implementing those strategies;
- Establishing and maintaining effective networks and coalitions on both sides of the political aisle;
- Interacting directly with governmental officials at all levels, including officials and members of Congress and the Executive Branch;
- Managing and assisting with the management of lobbyists operating in Washington DC;
- Analyzing Federal legislative trends to recommend Company actions and next steps to address these issues effectively;
- Analyzing proposed government and legislative actions as to their actual or prospective impact on the mobility and transportation (car and truck rental, sales, leasing, sharing) industry and guiding Company departments in developing Company positions;
- Assisting in formulating and effectively communicating Company positions on issues to appropriate stakeholders;
- Maintaining files of Federal legislation and regulatory activities;
- Cultivating relationships and maintaining communications with key, diverse stakeholders throughout Washington DC that support to the EHI agenda;
- Working and collaborating with industry trade associations;
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase awareness and recognition of EHI as a responsible corporate leader;
- Develop strategic giving from the Company’s Political Action Committee (PAC).
- Attend and periodically host political fundraisers on behalf of the PAC.
- Assisting with state government and public affairs activities and representing the company at national and regional events.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Minimum 10+ years of government relations, political or public relations experience with proven results
- Direct experience working with the federal legislative process
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; ability to work well with others
- Direct or indirect experience dealing with the car rental, automotive, sharing economy or property and casualty insurance industries
- Direct or indirect experience working with the following committees: House Energy & Commerce; House Transportation and Infrastructure; Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation; Senate Finance
- Law degree preferred, but not required