Truck Rental Driver
The Enterprise Truck Rental Division has an immediate opening for a Full Time Driver. Our Truck Rental Division provides transportation solutions within the truck rental industry. Our goal is to provide high service levels and clean, well-maintained trucks.
The Driver delivers vehicles and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional customer service. This position will be responsibile to drive a diverse fleet of Medium-Duty trucks.
This position will be located at our Truck Rental office located in Canonsburg, PA at 24 Fyda Drive, Canonsburg, PA 15317. The starting wage is $11.50 per hour.
The Part Time Driver is responsible for the transporting a diverse fleet of Medium-Duty trucks and other vehicles to and from rental locations, as well as navigating written directions.
- Drive various vehicles safely and efficiently while on and off the lot and while assisting with local vehicle deliveries and miscellaneous job related duties
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May need to communicate via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- May be asked to clean vehicles
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements, including road rules and facility regulations
- Work is performed outside in all types of weather and temperatures and in a typical office environment
- Ability to perform light duty labor which requires handling of objects up to 10 pounds as well as the ability to walk through large parking facilities, ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to get in and out of any size medium duty truck, cargo van, heavy duty pickup truck
- Equipment used daily includes a large variety of vehicles: Heavy Duty pickup trucks to 26-foot box trucks
- Some travel may be required for meetings and training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a current and valid drivers license with no more than two moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions (ie., DUI/DWI) on driving record in the past 5 years
- 6 months work experience required with experience working with box trucks considered a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to report to the Washington Truck Rental office located at 24 Fyde Drive, Canonsburg, PA 15317
- Must be able to accept a starting wage of $11.50 per hour
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T. regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.
- Truck Rental Employees may not have second jobs outside of enterprise.