Accounting Internship Summer 2020
Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our Accounting Intern position will introduce you to our Business Management Training program which fully prepares you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation.
A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. You'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus you'll work with fun people at a $20 billion industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
This internship will be located at our Regional Corporate office located in Wayne, PA. It consists of working 30-35 hours per week and the hourly rate is $16/hour.
We are looking for students who are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Degree Program with an expected graduation date between August 2020 and May 2021.
Starting as an Accounting Intern, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Work closely with rental branches and other departments
- Assist accounting managers with reports, etc.
- Involved with A/P & A/R functions; cash receipts & petty cash
- Assist in accounting schedules & filing
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a current Junior or Senior obtaining a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, graduating between August 2020 and May 2021
- Must have a minimum of 3 months of work experience in accounting, accounts payable/receivable or bookkeeping OR must have a minimum of 3 months of work experience in a face to face customer service role
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be willing to accept the starting pay of $16.00/hour
- Must be able to start on May 18th, 2020 and work through August 7th, 2020
- Must be able to work 30-35 hours per week throughout the 12 week summer internship program
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered. Applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted unless and until a conditional offer of employment has been extended
- Must be flexible to work at one of the following locations: Pennsauken, NJ; Wayne, PA; or Southwest Philadelphia